19.6.09

"When you're young, everything looks like the end of the world... but it's not"









First of all, I'd like to say thank you to Ardelia and Alessandra who made me attempt to watch 17 Again.

I managed not to watch this movie. Kind of film that I would never regret to watch on DVD. I used to be not fond of Zac Efron, really. But things change, right? :P

What would you do if you got a second shot at life?
Back to the time when you were shining on, when you were the winner, when you were having a great life which better then yours now.

So this one happens to Mike O'Donnell. The notorious and talented basketball player back then, a formerly high school star who's now working as no one in a drugs company, on the way to divorce with her wife and having a very bad relationship with his kids. He always blames his wife to all of his bad luck, bad life. They married by accident, and it had made Mike didn't go to college.

Mike got a best friend since Senior High named Ned, who used to be nerd, now becoming a loaded yet still quirky programmer and having a weird taste.
One day, after getting failed on a job promotion he bumps into a janitor who asks him about rewinding his 17, and Mike says he really wants to.
When he is driving his car to get home, he sees that janitor standing on the side of a bridge and ready to jump off. Mike tries to help him but he disappears. Mike's sucked into the river then in next to no time, he gets his 17-years-old look.
What will he do then?
Better watch this by yourself :P

Oh really you can call me late!
But this film is totally awesome and worth to watch. It can change your point of view of high school life. What makes me consider this one's so cool is even it tells about irrational thing, it still connects to our daily life, daily problems.
It's got many wise quotes that really WOW.

"Listen, girls. If you don't respect yourself, how do you expect others to respect you?"
-Mike O'Donnell

"Scarlet, before you go through this, I want to remind you of September 7th, 1988. It was the first time that I saw you. You were reading Less Than Zero, and you were wearing a Guns 'n' Roses t-shirt. I'd never seen anything so perfect. I remember thinking that I had to have you or I'd die... then you whispered that you loved me at the homecoming dance, and I felt so peaceful... and safe... because I knew that no matter what happened, from that day on, nothing can ever be that bad... because I had you. And then I, uh... I grew up and I lost my way. And I blamed you for my failures. And I know that you think you have to do this today... but I don't want you to. But I guess... if I love you, I should let you move on"- Mike O'Donnell

"High school star, never quite lived up to your potential. Sooner or later you all come back to your old school, stand there and look at the picture of the glory days wondering "What might have been." Seems to me you guys are living in the past" - The Janitor

and my favourite one,Italic
"When you're young everything feels like the end of the world. But it's not; it's just the beginning. You might have to meet a few more jerks, but one day you're gonna meet a boy who treats you the way you deserve to be treated. Like the sun rises and sets with you"- Mike O'Donnell

and by the way,
it seems that I'm lately rrrrreally fond of Zac Efron. He did a really good acting, then. :P
This one isn't a shallow teenagers-fiction-movie. This one's great.

7 comments:

chi said...

haha kenapa smua org jadi ngepost ttg 17again ya?hahha.kocak aja.tp emg bagus sih :)

Ardelia Apti said...

haduh rine aku mencobanya berkali2 loh ini baru bisa nih ngisi comment hahaha.
Well, it's a very good movie is it dear? The quotes are amazing; wise, yet not dramatized, and relevant

Ferinda P Lestari said...

@Chi : filmnya itu nyentuh banget Chi menurut gue tapi tetap ringan dan manis hihi
@Ardelia : loh sulit kenapa delle? iya filmnya itu apa adanya banget

Unknown said...

lovely Zac!

:)

Lily said...

hmm i think i'm gonna give this flick a shot. thank you for reviewing :)

Ferinda P Lestari said...

@berryfizz : yeaah, he's lovely :')
@lilylove : you're welcomeee :D

Ferinda P Lestari said...

@berryfizz : yeaah, he's lovely :')
@lilylove : you're welcomeee :D

A bit of Romcom

Most of guys I've ever dated now are married. To wonderful women? Sure, I guess. No, I'm not saying this in a mellow tune, or certai...