15.1.12

Kollege


Going to university usually means, ‘I don’t know what to do with my life so I’ll go to university”
 That’s written on Paul Arden’s Whatever You Think Think The Opposite. How it exactly splinters to my heart got me questioned. Am I doing right with my life? Is taking this major an answer to my longing? Will it be valuable to me? And another tons of questions that I exactly know, they only can be answered by myself.
Long short story, I had never thought an idea to be an industrial engineer. God bless you, those who already knew it before they enrolled university.
I just did not.
I never wondered about strolling inside plant, factory, between those generators, engine that are conducted by smaller substantial parts like gears and another.
I like Physics but it takes time for me to be excellent at solving its problem. It’s impossible to be good at Physics in a wink, so I decided to feel nothing about Physics. I never hate it and never like it, though.
And here we go, my third term as an engineering student.  I ever told my dad that I was about to give up.
After 18 months, I wanted to give up, sounds funny? Yes, but it was real. I cried in one morning after finals and told him that I was about to quit. That this was not something I wanted to do in my life. I did not want to spend my time counting for the diameter of stuffs I had never seen. I did not want to deal with the haphazard. Everything was just frustrating. My dad said nothing but smiled and asked me just to carry on. He assured me that this was just a part of learning; I should return to my first approaching, to get my degree.
Then for the rest, it’s gonna be up to me to get a job in any wonderful place I will to apply else take my second degree in business or any major I’m interested in.
I eased my mess and rethink. This was just the beginning and the beginning was always the toughest.

Paul Arden concluded in his book, …so don’t go to university unless the subject of your learning is close to your heart.
For the first time in my life, I hope that this one
is close enough to my heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

semangat erin!!!!

Ferinda P Lestari said...

hey thank you taya, miss you a lot xx

A bit of Romcom

Most of guys I've ever dated now are married. To wonderful women? Sure, I guess. No, I'm not saying this in a mellow tune, or certai...