21.4.12

It's Been A Cake Week

So, this is how it started, last week on Sunday, Roni came to my house bringing a slice of the very famous Red Velvet Cake from Convivium!
that wasn't  my first time to eat that. For several happy moments in between, he regularly brought a slice or two slices for me. How nice he is :3
I pretty believe that just like how some luck attracts sort of another luck... a slice of fancy lovely cake attracts another cake. It sounds weird but it happened! Let me now write certain review towards all of them. Well, I'm not a food-blogger or restaurant reviewer, but I guess I can learn how to be it :-p

Let's start from...the Red Velvet Cake itself!
This cake is notorious and I bet each of you have already eaten this kind of cake, either it is in slice cakes or cup cakes. I have tried several kinds of Red Velvet, mostly cupcakes from Lee's and Le Soho, but my favorite is this one from, Convivium Deli. A slice of it will be enough to fulfill your craving towards good good cake. It is baked well, very soft, with certain quality of delicacy. Its cream cheese is beyond words. Not too runny, not too sticky and thick enough to compliment the taste of the cake. NYAM!



Then, the cake moment happened again on Tuesday. Roni finally asked me to have an exquisite dinner berduaan at Convivium. Since Convivium is an Italian restaurant, all we ordered was pasta and pizza yet you should know they tasted DAMN GOOD and the price was worth every penny. I will make another review about its yummy Funghi Pizza and lovely Aglio e Olio maybe later. :-p
After having the meal, we decided to order desserts, but unfortunately the red velvet was not on the stock so we ordered Lemon Cake with Mascarpone Cheeese Cream.
Sorry for a blurry picture, the light was not sufficient to capture things beautifully yet it still looks tempting, doesn't it? 
Lemon Cake with Mascarpone Cheese Cream is truly made for people who love..lemon. It was not too sour actually, yet it could give a sense as a good dessert to your pizza or pasta. The cake was baked perfectly, the texture was much softer from the previous red velvet and my most favorite part of this cake was its MASCARPONE CHEESE CREAM. It was very very thick and fluffy in a sweet sour taste. THE TRUEST DELICACY OF CAKE!

and then..Friday. Actually, I and Roni only planned to go to Convivium for taking away slices of Rainbow Cake. Yes, we were desperately wanting to taste that very happening cake in town. 

during craving for cakes
But, just like what we also had predicted, they again ran out of stock so we decided to order our favorite pizza and ate that right away. After munching for pizza, I insisted on having the red velvet cake so I asked the waiter whether the red velvet cake would be there or no and he said the cake would be done at 7pm. It was still 6pm so WE WAITED THERE. In between of waiting, the waiter approached us and asked,  "how about rainbow cake? we still have couple of slices if you really wanted"
I could't get more excited and so was Roni.

God sent you what you wanted the most when you least expected it
HERE WE GO the rainbow cake. One big mistake that I made was I put too much expectations on this cake. Based on Convivium Red Velvet Cake and Lemon Cake with Mascarpone Cheese, I expected the Rainbow Cake would be very soft and yummy, with thick buttercream cheese everywhere. It just couldn't meet my expectation. Well, it was not as soft as Lemon Cake and the buttercream tasted WAY TOO GOOD yet it was given a little in between every color. If it was given much more, it would be perfect. The color was perfect and tempting. It did not taste like I ever thought. I ever read somewhere that Rainbow Cake should have different taste of each layer yet turned out it tasted not so different.

So, after going through cake week, I decided I love the Lemon Cake with Mascarpone Cheese Cream the most. Probably, this is because I have gone bored towards Red Velvet and Rainbow Cake failed to meet my expectations.
For you who haven't tasted them, GO TRY THEM ALL at Convivium Deli, Panglima Polim! I suggested you to call first to Convivium asking about their stocks before going there because they only baked several holes a day and don't forget to reserve a place first.

Anyway, I'm writing this while munching a slice of Red Velvet. Yes, after having the Rainbow Cake, I ordered Red Velvet to be taken away. :))
Writing a review can not be more fun, probably I'm gonna write another review of food soon.

xx FPL

No comments:

A bit of Romcom

Most of guys I've ever dated now are married. To wonderful women? Sure, I guess. No, I'm not saying this in a mellow tune, or certai...