6.1.17

All of The Things I Don't Need

Happy 2K17! May we all successfully reach happiness we want to attain, may we live our dreams, and get motivated every single day.

Not gonna bug you with minimalist or vegan way of life yet the title might sound like one. As someone who had been extremely emotionally attached with food, good food, and very good food, picking healthier diet never crossed my mind. I ate what I wanted to eat, whatever it was. As long as it gave me comfort, I'd go for it. Mention all those delicious desserts, cakes, ice cream, all ventis that I drank, whipped cream, and booze. They got me comforted really, I know we all feel the same. Somehow there were problems that I know existing but never taken care of anyway; feeling sluggish, bloated, demotivated, and extremely severe mood swings. In 2015, my indigestion problem bugged me and it was taken care of, with drugs to control it. For addition, I was heavily stressed and unhappy that everything seemed to make the worst out of things. I spent the whole 2016 in an on-off relationship with the drugs prescribed by my gastroenterologist. I never felt really like myself anymore. It started to annoy me, I didn't want to rely on it so I had to change something.

I quitted consuming instant noodles on November 2015, I used to be a loyal big fan when I was in college, I really could eat them noodles like three times a week and enjoyed them so much. I decided to give it a cold turkey and never returned, I hardly can remember when I had one actually. The thing is, cutting down instant noodle alone would not do a thing. I never had fruits and veggies on my plates. I chose meats and meats and processed food. I drank a lot of sugary coffee with milk. My mood swings and sluggish feelings were still around.

In mid 2016, I went crazy for coldpressed juice. Despite my efforts, I always questioned why I never felt okay. I questioned why nothing ever changed. I tried all healthy recipe, regular exercises, praying, and stuffs without realizing I never improved two stuffs : my way of eating & my way of thinking.

Well, I did not become a vegan, I tried food combining.

Lemon+warm water for liver tonic after waking up, all fruits for breakfast until 11AM, meatless lunch, and no carbs dinner (veggies and chicken/just veggies). No milk, tea, coffee. No refined sugar. No cakes and jellies and chocolate. I started to have fruits for breakfast since last week before new year but has just been strictly following the food combining diet for two days and I've been feeling....hmmm, healing crisis. The body yelled for more sugar and sweets and meats. I still felt bloated. But the sluggish feeling has gone, the mood swings also magically disappeared. It is really amazing how food affects your body, and yes, I feel more energized.

Sure, it is not danggg easy. Some of friends found it confusing why I, the spiritual coffee person, ditched latte after lunch. They also found it weird how I skipped meat, poultry, and fish during my lunch. The withdrawal is hard, got you dizzy, but somehow the social issues are even more difficult to deal with. I never feel like explaining it anyway to those who will annoy me. I would just happily explain to those who wanted to learn.

That's the thing I never thought I did not need.
Add some grudges, jealousy, loneliness, heartbreaks, insecurities, and regrets.
Those are things I never realized that I did not need.

So, what unncessary things have you dropped with the passing 2016? 


Love,
FPL

No comments:

A bit of Romcom

Most of guys I've ever dated now are married. To wonderful women? Sure, I guess. No, I'm not saying this in a mellow tune, or certai...